Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rick's Roadshow: Grantham, England

Rick's Roadshow continues, from Grantham England, in the Leicestershire area, a few hours north of London. I stayed at Belton Woods, a beautiful country club hotel which was a perfect spot to get away from it all. Belton Woods is set on a 475 acre estate with beautifully manicured grounds. The club is a popular destination because it is in the middle of the English countryside which is quite relaxing. Like any good English estate, they have plenty of activities to keep busy which I enjoy, including archery, clay pigeon shooting, a full spa, large swimming pool, and two championship golf courses. I woke up quite early yesterday and enjoyed a pot of tea on my balcony. It was a chilly morning, but I put on a jumper and went for an early morning walk throughout the grounds. I spent some time bird watching, and saw all sorts of bird life, including blue birds, buzzards, owls, geese, pheasant and sparrowhawks. It was a peaceful morning on the estate, only one golfer was out playing already, as most of the hotel was still asleep.

above: here is another view of the hotel , with the balcony overlooking the golf course. It was a perfect spot to enjoy an early breakfast and pot of tea.

above: I had no idea that Belton Woods was the oldest professional golf tournament in the world- who knew? The course was really quite good. Sorry for the lack of good photos today, I was in business meetings the entire day so there wasn't much time for anything else, but it was a very pleasant day.

Above: later in the day we had dinner at a local restaurant called Manners Arms Inn, where I stopped to enjoy a pint of English beer before dinner. It hit the spot! Tomorrow Rick's Roadshow moves to Germany, so please stop back!
-Rick Rockhill

9 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

Der Mann!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

england is just so "english"! ha ha ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxxoxoxoxoxo

Olivia said...

Breakfast without tea is not breakfast at all. At least you enjoyed the surroundings, even if there was no time for golf or a spa treatment.

Rhodester said...

Okay, knowing what you do and who you work for, I can't imagine what your business meetings are about.. are you opening a new store there in the English countryside?

Rick Rockhill said...

Rhodeseter- amazingly, the the world's leading research facility on dog and cat nutrition is located in the depths of the English countryside. The are really happy dogs and cats, living in such a beautiful area!!!

Lilian said...

I am so glad Rhodester -above-asked that question; I was very curious but I was too shy to ask :)
Looking forward to see something from Germany...
Warm Regards !

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A GREAT place to have meetings, Rick...! Some relaxation and some work, in a BEAUTIFUL Setting!
Marvelous, indeed!

Rhodester said...

Lilian, I am anything but shy, as I'm sure Rick will tell you! Visit Rhodester.net sometime for a peek and you'll see. Sorry, Rick.. free plug!

Thanks for answering that, I always thought the leading pet food research facility was anywhere BUT the English countryside.

Anonymous said...

so did you go clay pigeon shooting? sounds like loads of fun!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.