Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rick's Roadshow: More from London

Yesterday was a very full day at work. The morning started with a business breakfast meeting and we continued all day. The setting for the meeting was at our hotel, so at least we didn't have to travel anywehere and able to be more productive. Despite working all day, I was able get out and have some time for myself. Fortunately it stays light quite late here in England, so I was able to get out and take some photos in Central London at the end of the day when our meetings finished. Before I get to those photos, I'd like to explain this one. It was taken of me before dinner, in the drawing room at the hotel. It is a beautiful room that feels like home and is very comfortable. Although dinner each night are with work colleagues, we try not to talk "shop" all night long and relax a bit. A pre-dinner glass of wine or a gin and tonic usually helps everyone to unwind a bit before dinner. More of Rick's Roadshow from London...
A Few Sights in and Around London

above: Statue of Oliver Cromwell, and a view of the House of Parliament, with "Big Ben"

above: Whitehall Palace guard house, and the flag adorned "Pall Mall road", which leads to Buckingham Palace.

above: Trafalgar Square. It was raining a bit when I took this photo.


above: I didn't waste anytime and went to Harvey Nichols department store in Knightsbridge, a fabulous retailer. I enjoyed a refreshment in their cafe on the top floor, just next to their fantastic wine shop.

above: a lounge also on the top floor of Harvey Nichols. this gold padded wall hallway led to the open lounge area which was bustling. It was THE place to be that evening...
above: Carnaby Street shopping area in London has many unique shops that are less mainstream. I love this one shop: "B never too busy to be beautiful" Seems like a good mantra to me! (I'm dedicating this store front photo to "B" of B- My Life My Thoughts)
More fun and photos tomorrow, when Rick's Roadshow continues...
-Rick Rockhill

12 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lovely as always and i am so glad you seem to be having a wonderful time. i googled beryl cook and LOVE her stuff, will dig deeper soon and try to see more of it, thanks so much!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Rick Rockhill said...

Thanks Bee, I've really been enjoying my time in London.

Anonymous said...

Now I've got the wanderlust ... again! ;)

A Lewis said...

Gin and tonic? It doesn't get any mroe British than that, does it? Excellent photo journal you've been leaving with us.

tt said...

you look so distinquished and regal in that top photo. Almost like you belong there. :)
Perhaps it was in another life.

I haven't been to London since i wa in High School way back in the early 70's!!! Only seen Heathrow since then. :(
Great photos as always Rick!
Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Maggie Moo said...

Thank you for taking all of these photos and telling us about your trip. It's wonderful you have so much time here-and it's great for us because we get a mini vaca every time we visit you.

Diane J Standiford said...

How can you come home after all this?

whimsical brainpan said...

That is a wondeful picture of you. You look like the refined, cultured person that I've come to know.

I really like the picture of Big Ben with the clouds behind it.

Naomi said...

That's a wonderful mantra Rick. I love that shop!

Rick Rockhill said...

Naomi- too bad i couldn't make it up to the NW of England, it would have been nice to meet you.

Canadian flake said...

wowzers all these pics are absolutely amazing. I will add London to my list of places to visit when I win the lottery..lol

B said...

LOL Rick I love it!! They need to open up stores in Toronto!

:)

Thanks for the dedication- very sweet!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.