Monday, August 13, 2007

Dinner @ Melvyn's

Saturday evening John and I went to dinner with some friends at Melyvn's, a classic old-world Palm Springs restaurant favored by the Hollywood crowd. I've written about Melvyn's before, because I love it so much. This is a place where the staff have worked for ages and know everyone. Celebrities like it because it has cozy quiet corners for a discreet dinner. I love all the old photos of Hollywood legends who have dined here in year's past. It drips with history and old glam, hence why I like it so well. As "The Palm Springs Savant" I have "my usual table" which gives me a birds-eye view of goings on all evening.

It starts off with cocktails, of course! This evening it was a Blue Raspberry Martini which was oh-so-delish.

My dinner began with the chilled Vichyssoise soup (served on a bowl of ice), followed by a crisp salad with home made blue cheese dressing.

For my entree, I had the Pork Medallions, with Mango sauce topped with fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese. Above: Head Waiter Bobby prepares Bananas Flambe table side for us.

We also had the "Chocolate Bombe" for desert, made with dark chocolate and was really good. After dinner, as the Valet brought my car around, we chatted outside of Melvyn's. It was still 100 degrees at 10:00 PM. I was ready to get home and go for a late night swim to cool down. I'm in Anaheim all this week, attending a trade show for work, so I'll try to post some updates for you from the road.
-Rick Rockhill

10 comments:

SIMON said...

Hot temps and a hot night too.
Stay cool Rick!

Lola Starr said...

That looks so good. I am really hungry now. Thanks. :)

captain corky said...

Food seems to be a big topic today in the Blogger Land. It's making me really hungry!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

nice rick, sounds delightful!

smiles, bee

Mx said...

Hi Rick.. love how you describe your life. Palm Springs seems down right inviting..


p.s. my cousin once worked for Merv
I think he was the scullery maid...seriously. some kind of low level butler. he never ever talked about 'Mr. Griffen'.

Anonymous said...

cool place

Canadian flake said...

have a good trip...hope you took along your camera...I loveeeee the pics you share on your road trips (or at home..lol).

Naomi said...

Looks like a great place to eat Rick. It made me feel hungry just looking at those photos of all that wonderful food. Sounds like blue raspberry Martinis are very popular over there. The chocolate bombe for desert sounds good too!

Marion said...

good thing it's dinner time for me...looks like you're having a great time, Rick! I love your photos of places like this.

Rick Rockhill said...

Thanks Marion, I love going to this place, even just for a cocktail.

And Queen of Dysfunction- You should try one of those Blue Raspberry Martinis they are quite good!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.