Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wisdom Wednesdays: Featuring Dr Sidney Wang

ASK DR WANG
This week's letter is from Margaret from Ashford, Kent, England. Margaret writes:


Dear Dr Wang;

I've been reading your column for several months and have finally found the nerve to write (I can't believe I am doing this). I have been working at the local Sainsburys for nearly three years time, and have twice received promotion, with a rise in salary. At the encouragement of Colin, my boss, I interviewed for a position in management, but have yet to hear anything further. It has been nearly a fortnight and I am worried about my chances. What does the good Doctor see in my future? Am I destined to work the till forever? Should I pursue this further with my boss?

Ready to try something new,
Margaret

Ashford, Kent

Dr Wang responds: Dear Margaret,

I have meditated at the base of The Great Bubble Wall to seek answers to your questions. It would seem there are multiple forces at play affecting your situation. There are at least two others who have interviewed for the position you seek. One person is someone you know, but he has not revealed his true intentions to you. He is an absolute toad and is not to be trusted. The other person is a woman with webbed toes who applied for the job before your interview. It appears that she is more qualified than you for this position, however Colin and his boss are uncertain who to hire. I sense there is something clouding Colin's judgement. Sometimes when my tank gets covered in algae and my water is murky, I tend to hide at the bottom of the tank. This is exactly where Colin is at the moment, afraid to make a decision.

My advice is to politely confront Colin and ask about the status of your interview. Simply restate your interest in the position and do not push Colin further on the matter.

I predict that you will be promoted. This decision is headed your way, but not before the new moon on 12th August. You should be wary of the web-toed woman...the trick will be to determine who this person is by getting a few co-workers to remove their shoes and socks. Perhaps a picnic is in order. Once you have identified the woman with webbed toes, steer clear.

In the meantime, keep swimming upstream,
-Dr Wang

**************************************************************
"Wisdom Wednesdays" features the sage advice of our resident oracle, Dr Sidney Wang. Believed to be a reincarnated descendant of King Rama II of Siam, Dr Wang responds to e-mail submissions with advice, predictions of the future and conveys ancient proverbs to provide guidance and support. Dr Sidney Wang's 24 Hour Wisdom, Advice and Inspiration service is also available from the left side navigation for this feature.

8 comments:

P.L. Frederick said...

What I enjoy about Dr Wang is that he's so specific with his seeingness. Plus he employs underused words like murky, webbed toes, and picnic. In a helpful way; never in a mean-spirited jumble, as another snotty nosed Oracle might. The Doctor would never tell someone, "On every murky day, have a picnic of webbed toes."

Dr Wang, you're the Oracle for me and my family!

P.L. Frederick
SMALL & big

Rising Rainbow said...

Might Dr Wang be a national treasure. Such insight!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Wangs been smokin the hydrilla...
She needs to offer Colin some insentive... as perhaps, the web-toed woman did

chocolates?
golf clubs?
rolled hydrilla?

Canadian flake said...

awwwwwww Dr Wang you are so intelligent and insightful...you are such a wise fish...keep the advice rolling..or is that floating?? LOL.

Jenny! said...

What else does Dr. Wang do besides give advice???

Rick Rockhill said...

Jenny- Dr Wang relaxes at home in his tank, pondering life's many mysteries, but mostly he just swims all the live-long day. he is a gifted oracle, with highly intuitive psychic abilities for a betta fish! You'd be surrised the number of e-mals he gets each week.

Anonymous said...

oh Dr Wang, when you you get to my letter?? Hope its soon!

kenju said...

It's nice to see you here again, Dr. wang. You've been hiding on the bottom of the tank for too long!

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.