Thursday, August 9, 2007

Rooftop Cocktails at the Diamond View Tower

Tuesday evening I attended a cocktail party at a rooftop penthouse in the Diamond View Tower building in downtown San Diego. To be truthful, I am so buried at work at the moment that I really should have worked late, but I had already told my friend Lee that I would attend the event with him. (Thanks Lee, for the invite!). They were serving several delicious martinis: Pomegranate, Blue Raspberry and James Bond Martinis. I went for the Blue Raspberry (see above left). One sip was all it took to get my mind off of work. I walked around to explore this fantastic open space. The rooftop of the Diamond View has a fantastic view of downtown and Coronado, with it's majestic bridge spanning San Diego Bay. The penthouse was furnished with marvelous retro furniture and collectibles. When I arrived, the shades were still lowered on the south/west side (see photo below left), but the enormous sliding glass doors were open along the east wall. As the early evening sun shifted, the blinds were raised automatically, at the touch of a button. The room came to life with the colors of the San Diego sunset (below right).


Above left: The glow of the outdoor gas fireplace was filled with nifty blue glass rocks, it was a perfect place to rest our blue and red martinis for an ultra-glam photo! Above right: These over sized patio chairs were quite comfy.

Above left: The view over the edge of the penthouse of the Diamond View Tower. When I saw PETCO Park I realized why the building I was in is called "Diamond View". Above right: Back inside the penthouse, the ceiling had these very cool lights in red stripes, which had a neat effect on the room.

On the way out of the cocktail party, I thanked the two charming girls at the reception desk. It was a nice way to unwind after work and chat over cocktails. I wish I could do this more often! It was good for me to get my mind off of work, even for a few hours. Sure is a good thing we don't do brain surgery at my office. Not sure why it is that selling dog food is so stressful, but it just is. Appreciate everyone's patience while I've been occupied so much. And as always, THANK YOU for stopping by!
-Rick Rockhill

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that you say you wish you could do things like this more often. How many after-work cocktail blogs have there been Mr. Savant? Hmmmmm.......

PS - Thank you for the last picture.

Lola Starr said...

Wow. I want to live there. That is how I want my place to look like. Very awesome. Glad you had some fun. :) And thanks for your comment over at my place.

Anonymous said...

ooooo pretty cocktails. wish I could have one too. What a view! You sure get to some amazing places.

Nancy said...

I.Am.So.Jealous.

In my next life .....

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I love the sound of those raspberry martini's..sounds yummi.
those chairs are so cool..reminded me quite a bit of south beach Miami-ahhh the days of not having children..sigh........
Very cool.
What I wouldn't give right now for a drink with my bigdogg on a rooftop penthouse over looking some fabulous city.
Thanks for making it seem so realistic to me..like I was there drinking along with the pss and smiling at the endearing hostess's dressed in black.
Always,
Crusty~

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

funny thing, i only like the old timey martinis straight up with gin and a little vermouth and three olives! when i was young i used to think it looked SO COOL to drink these and they tasted SO bad, but finally i started liking them and to this day it is the ONLY drink i like! of course we never had those fancy ones back then...

smiles, bee

A Lewis said...

Me Want to Go.

Canadian flake said...

awwwww wonderful pics as always. Glad you got a night off to relax and unwind. It probably did you a world of good to forget the stress of work.

Kerry and Rachel said...

Oooh! I would have had pomegranate. That's my latest favorite!
Thanks for your comment on our blog. Look us up the next time your in Colorado. You can join us for a glass of wine in our humble art studio.

Naomi said...

Sounds like the ideal way to relax and unwind after work Rick. Great photos. Those Martinis sound interesting, especially the blue raspberry one.

Disclaimers...

This blog is about life experiences & observations and stuff I am interested in. It is simply a side hobby and creative outlet; generally, with a tongue-in-cheek tone. I don't take it too seriously, nor should you. I do not profess to represent every point of view. Nothing on this site is a paid post.

It is for entertainment purposes only it, so just lighten up and just enjoy it. Life is short, live in the moment.

As the author, thoughts/views have no affiliation to my clients, business colleagues or my company.

This blog is independent and free of any type of financial affiliations. Some images used are from the internet and sometimes hard to credit them, so if you own any and want them removed just send me a message.

No copyright infringement intended. I am not responsible for defamatory statements bound to government, religious, or other laws from the reader’s country of origin or residence. The intention of this blog is to do no harm, defame, libel or offend anyone.